Applications are now open for Arts Council Writer in Residence positions at a number of Irish universities.
Develop your own work, while connecting with MA and MFA students of Creative Writing.
The Arts Council has a long-standing partnership with a number of Irish universities offering Writer-in-Residence/Fellowship positions to provide university students of Creative Writing MA and MFA programmes with an opportunity to work with and learn from a professional author of distinction, and to enable writers to develop their work while in a position of relative financial stability.
The Arts Council Writer in Residence was established to provide a stimulating environment for the resident writer, and afford a degree of financial support to concentrate on their own practice.
Additionally, the residency brings energy and dynamism to the university, and allows students and faculty to engage with a practicing writer for a concentrated period.
Applications are now open for the following Writer in Residence positions:
– Irish-language Writer in Residence, Dublin City University
– Writer in Residence, Dublin City University
– Writer in Residence, Maynooth University
– Writer in Residence, NUI Galway
– Writer’s Fellowship, Trinity College Dublin
– Writer in Residence, University College Cork
– Writer in Residence, University College Dublin
Apply by 5.30pm on Thursday 29 September.
See more on the Arts Council website