Literary Awards announced at Listowel
Listowel Writers’ Week is well underway, with a glitter of literary prizes being awarded.
The Kerry Group Novel of the Year Award 2022 goes to Small Things Like These, by Claire Keegan.
- Nora by Nuala O’Connor
- White City by Kevin Power
- Bright Burning Things by Lisa Harding
- The Raptures by Jan Carson
The Pigott Poetry Prize is awarded to American Mules, By Martina Evans.
- Shoulder Tap by Maurice Riordan
- Howdie-Skelp by Paul Muldoon
The Bryan MacMahon Short Story Award goes to Stonewall, by Mike Guerin, while the Poetry Collection Prize goes to Scenes from a Boneyard by Lorraine McArdle.
The winner of the Duais Foras na Gaeilge goes to Focal ar Fhocal by Áine Ní Ghlinn.
- Seanmhná Chernobyl by Eibhlís Carcione
- Neoidríonónna by John Tinneny
The Nilsson Local Heritage Award goes to Developing Rural Ireland by Michéal Ó Fathartaigh.
Second Prize: Vinegar Hill – The Last Stand of the Wexford Rebels of 1798 by Ronan O’Flaherty & Jacqui Hanes
The Creative Writing for Adults with Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities Prize goes to Catching Green Waves by Eileen Stelter.
- How Can You Keep On Moving by Ben Donnelly
- The Express Bus by Maeve Doyle
Congratulations to all the winners and shortlistees!