New grant scheme, up to €10,000, launched to assist theatres, arts centres and culture venues in re-opening
Following the announcement by Minister Catherine Martin, T.D, a range of capital funding measures will be provide to assist in the re-opening of theatres, arts centres and culture venues under Stream D of the Cultural Capital Scheme 2019-2022 as part of Project Ireland 2040 -Investing in our Culture, Language & Heritage. The measures are designed to support arts and culture facilities in preparation for staff, artists and audiences returning to venues to reopen in line with the Government’s Roadmap for Reopening Society & Business and Return to Work Safety Protocols. There is a high degree of flexibility which will be matched by timely decision-making processes that will allow organisations to undertake immediately, necessary capital adaptations to their buildings so that they comply with the HSE COVID-19 related public health protection measures.
Organisations that hold existing capital grants may immediately request by email to email@example.com the re-purposing of all or part of the grant towards necessary works and equipment to allow reopening. Organisations can apply to re-purpose up to €10,000 of their grant which can be used to fund eligible costs at a 90% funding rate or up to €5,000 which will not require match funding. Repurposed funding required for the original purpose of the grant will be restored when required at a later date.
Organisations that do not hold a capital grant, will be able to apply for funding from Tuesday 14 July 2020 the under Stream D Cultural Capital Scheme with conditions are as follows:
- Funding will be available to not-for-profit organisations with a clearly defined arts and cultural remit;
- Eligible facilities include galleries, professionally-managed arts centres, museums, heritage centres, studios, archives, performance and creative spaces;
- Organisations can apply for a grant of €10,000 which can be used to fund eligible costs at a 90% funding rate;
- Alternatively organisations can apply for a grant of €5,000 which will not require match funding;
- All grants will be paid out on the basis of paid invoices;
- In exceptional circumstances, the upper limit of €10,000 may be exceeded where a compelling case can be made for a higher grant and these will be dealt with on a case by case basis;
- The scheme will apply for the period of the coronavirus crisis, commencing 12 March 2020 and applications can be made by organisations at any point throughout the crisis i.e. there will be no closing date;
- Applications will be assessed and decisions made as they are received by the Arts, Film and Investment Unit of the Department. The target turnaround time to repurpose grants will be 3 days and a target of 14 days for new grants;
- Applications will not be accepted from commercial organisations, local authorities, schools, colleges or ETBs;
The Application Form and Guidelines can be accessed here from 10.00 am on 14 July 2020.