Gill Books is seeking a publicist to join their team
Do you love books, have a deep understanding and passion for the Irish media and consumer landscape? Gill Books is looking for a talented, energetic publicist to join their team.
Gill Books has been established for over 160 years, and publishes bestselling titles across the board.
The role will involve developing and executing effective promotional campaigns across traditional and new media channels for approximately 25 books each year.
You will be quick to identify the most effective channels for promoting titles and converting your ideas and plans into coverage.
- Planning, implementing and presenting publicity campaigns that include review and feature coverage across newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, online and social media.
- Event creation and management of launch events, library and schools’ events, festival appearances & media showcases.
- Working closely with the Editorial and Sales teams to secure new talent for the list and to ensure publicity opportunities are fully maximised for existing authors.
- Managing individual campaign budgets.
- Providing authors with media training ahead of publication if required.
- Maintaining excellent media and bookseller contacts.
- Maintaining a high level of author and agent care.
- Acting as an ambassador for Gill Books.
- Staying in tune with trends and news within publishing and the broader cultural landscape, to maintain an awareness of the market.
Please include a cover letter with your CV outlining relevant experience, why you want to work at Gill Books, and why this particular job appeals to you.
Closing date: 30th January 2023
To make an application, please email email@example.com with your CV and covering letter.