- Position: Managing Editor
- Part time/Full time: Full time
- Deadline: 5pm, Wednesday 13 November
An exciting new full-time publishing role is now open for applications with the award-winning Irish Academic Press / Merrion Press, publishers of the current Irish and UK bestseller Burned.
The publisher is seeking to recruit an experienced Managing Editor to work across the company’s two non-fiction imprints. Working closely with the Publisher, the Managing Editor will play a key role in shaping and developing new titles in accordance with company and market requirements. The successful applicant will work closely with authors, free-lance editors and designers, and the in-house marketing team. The core functions include:
- Managing author relationships from signing of new book contracts to delivery of manuscripts through to publication.
- Managing newly submitted manuscripts and illustrative material through the editorial and production stages, with responsibility for a team of freelance copy-editors, typesetters, proofreaders and designers, within strict deadlines and cost budgets.
- Print Buying – producing printing specifications, securing quotations from printers, and managing the printing of new books through to delivery
The ideal candidate will have several years publishing experience in an editorial or production department; has a strong sales or commercial awareness; possess a very high-level of organisational, communication and IT skills; the ability to manage multiple complex and time-sensitive projects, and have a natural flair for design. Overall they will be able to demonstrate the drive and passion to succeed in a highly driven and creative environment, and be effective in prioritising workloads and meeting deadlines.
This is a full-time role and represents an exciting opportunity for a dynamic publishing professional to join a long-established but fast-growing general publisher.
Please apply by email with CV and cover letter to Conor Graham, Publisher, email@example.com, stating why you’re interested in the position, your current salary or salary expectations, and available start date.
Closing date for applicants is 5pm, Wednesday 13th November 2019.