Are you a book lover? Are you interested in a career within publishing? Would you like to gain experience within editorial and production?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, hard-working and skilled Assistant Editor to work with Columba Books and its imprint Currach Books.
- Under the direction of the Managing Editor, the role will involve bringing books from manuscript to print and helping authors deliver their stories to a diverse readership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to communicate with the team, authors, clients and industry contacts.
- Excellent editorial and proofreading skills, a strong critical eye and be fearless in the face of a semicolon.
- Highly organised, confident in working independently and show good time management.
- Multi-tasking and effective management of administrative tasks.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Third-level qualification, at least one year’s editorial experience (preferably in-house).
- Proficiency in MS Word.
- Indesign knowledge is a distinct advantage.
For further detail on this role, contact:
23 Merrion Square North
Tel: + 353 (1) 687 4096
Closing date: Monday 21 October