Children’s Books Ireland has announced KPMG as the new title sponsor for their annual awards. The sponsorship is confirmed for the next three years with the prize fund doubled to €16,000, including €6,000 for the Book of the Year Award.
The awards, now in their 30th year, recognise the importance of reading for children and the impact of literacy. A panel of judges will read all of the 99 books submitted by publishers and a shortlist of 10 will be announced in March 2020 in Belfast. The final awards ceremony will take place in May in partnership with International Literature Festival Dublin.
The awards include:
- The Book of the Year Award
- The Honour Award for Fiction
- The Honour Award for Illustration
- The Eilís Dillon Award (for a first children’s book)
- The Judges’ Special Award
- The Junior Juries’ Award, the winner of which is chosen by hundreds of Junior Juries composed of young readers all over the island of Ireland.
- New KPMG ‘Reading Hero’ Award