A new role of Operations Manager has opened up with Poetry Ireland
Poetry Ireland is seeking an experienced and committed Operations Manager. This newly created and key role is an unprecedented opportunity for the right candidate to join the Poetry Ireland team at its most exciting time of change and growth since its inception in 1978.
The deadline for applications is 5pm, November 30th 2023.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director providing strong leadership, demonstrating collaboration and team working, and ensuring the organisation runs with excellence in governance across its values, programmes, strategic developments, and operations as the Irish national organisation for poetry.
This is a key management role for the design, delivery and oversight of the day-to-day operations of Poetry Ireland (PI). This role will include the following:
- Overall hands-on implementation and management of our poetry event programmes. Some examples of PI programmes include designing and implementing professional development activities for poets; arranging and supervising outreach education and engagement activities; and responsibility for the timely and cost-effective delivery of our publications.
- Playing an significant role in promoting Poetry Ireland and the important work that we undertake. Fostering and protecting the dynamic, flexible and professional culture that we aim to maintain.
- Some company secretarial responsibilities and assisting the Director in aspects of corporate governance, including in the preparation of Board papers, minuting meetings as well as any required charity and governmental and related submissions.
- Supporting and managing some human resource functions, including the recruitment and appraisal processes as appropriate, and assisting the Director in ensuring the organisation is well resourced, diverse, and compliant. Together with the Director ensuring that PI is a collaborative and integrated organisation.
- Supporting the Finance functions in the day-to-day operation of our organisation and play a key role in the delivery of our annual audit requirements and funding submissions.
- Taking full responsibility for managing of our physical facilities. It is anticipated that Poetry Ireland will relocate from temporary accommodation to our newly refurbished headquarters in Parnell Square by late 2024/ early 2025. A critical part of this role will be the responsibility for the planning and execution of this relocation with the least disruption, on time and within budget.
- Manage and protect the privacy and confidentiality obligations of the organisation.
- Operate with discretion and integrity.