This is a full-time position, starting in April.
DEADLINE 7th March
The successful applicant will work for both the General Books and Religious Education departments, depending on the workload requirements of each department at any given time.
The Religious Education Department produces texts and online resources for both primary and post-primary schools. Veritas Publications and Beehive Books (new imprint) also publish between ten to fifteen titles per season on a range of topics.
- Copy-editing and proofreading texts for both departments
- Liaising with writers, other editors, design and typesetting personnel, the producers of online/video materials, marketing personnel, etc. as necessary.
- Working collaboratively and creatively with other team members. This applies particularly to educational projects.
- Occasionally, researching topics/information and online video content and
- writing publicity materials, blurbs, etc.
- Managing copyright permissions for selected projects
- Organising the sending out of texts and online materials for piloting, and collating the feedback.
- Attending in-house production meetings/team meetings as required.
- Occasionally, attending external functions or other events related to work projects
Experience and skills
- Excellent copy-editing, proofing and writing skills
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience of taking projects through all stages of production, from manuscript to finished product
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Experience of editing educational texts and online materials would be an advantage, though not essential
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to come up with creative ideas/suggestions
- Good time management and organisational skills
References will be sought for shortlisted candidates following the interviews, which will take place in March 2022. Please send your cover letter and CV to Síne Quinn, managing and commissioning editor. Deadline: Monday, 28 February 2022. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org