Applications are now open to apply for the Writers’ Room at MoLI
A light-filled Georgian parlour on the first floor of the museum buildings on St. Stephen’s Green, overlooking leafy gardens—this is the Writers’ Room.
In a joint project with UCD and the College of the Holy Cross, Massachusetts, MoLI is now taking applications for use of this beautiful space.
Writers can come here for some stillness in the middle of a busy city, with discounted access to MoLI’s café, and the welcoming, supportive environment of the museum and its staff.
The room is available seasonally to writers on application, without charge, for 4 hours per day, 7 days per week over a consecutive period of 3 months.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must be resident on the island of Ireland.
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age.
- Applications for each season close 6 weeks prior to the first day of the first month of the season, and writers are notified of the outcome of applications 4 weeks prior to the first day of the season.
- Successful applicants will be granted access to the Writers Room for 4 hour (half-day) periods.
- MoLI, UCD or The College of the Holy Cross can not cover transport or any additional costs incurred by writers associated in the course of their use of the room
- The Writers Room will be available for use by any individual writer at one of two set periods daily (9am-1pm / 1pm-5pm), 7 days per week, for a period of no more than three consecutive months as per the seasonal calendar outlined above
- Writers will receive no remuneration for use of the room
- Neither MoLI or its partners will require any output or participation from availing writers beyond a short podcast interview as outlined above.
See more here on how to apply, and for further information