Books Ireland, Ireland’s online magazine dedicated to the Irish book and publishing industry, has an exciting opportunity for the role of Editor.
This role will be a 12 month contract and 20 hours per week, 4–5 days.
Flexible and remote working will be facilitated.
The salary will be €18,200 p.a.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Commissioning new book reviews, articles and features
- Reporting breaking news on Irish books, new releases, competitions and festivals
- Updating the Books Ireland website and social media channels
- Liaising with key figures within the publishing industry, Books Ireland partners and advertisers
- Maintaining the Books Ireland online event calendar, the ‘First Flush’ monthly round-up of new Irish books, the Nielsen monthly bestseller charts and new features of Books Ireland as they are introduced
- Regular reporting to the Wordwell Group board
Applications should be submitted by email to Ronan@wordwell.ie by 5pm, Monday 14th December.
All applications should include a CV and covering letter. If you have examples of recently published articles or short writing pieces, a sample of these can also be included. Early applications may be prioritised.
The Wordwell Group, publisher of Books Ireland, is an equal opportunities employer.
Books Ireland is supported by the Arts Council of Ireland.