Dance Move by Wendy Erskine and Intimacies by Lucy Caldwell are on the shortlist for The Edge Hill Short Story Prize
Five collections of short stories have been short-listed for the prestigious award, which recognises excellence in a published, single-authored short story collection, with a first prize of £10,000.
- Man Hating Psycho by Iphgenia Baal (Influx Press)
- Intimacies by Lucy Caldwell (Faber)
- Dance Move by Wendy Erskine (Stinging Fly/Picador)
- Dark Neighbourhood by Vanessa Onwuemezi (Fitzcarraldo Editions)
- Send Nudes by Saba Sams (Bloomsbury)
A £1,000 Readers’ Choice Award will also be presented to one of the shortlisted authors, as well as a £500 prize for the best short story submitted by an Edge Hill MA Creative Writing student.
The winners of this year’s awards will be announced in November.